Latest Silvia S. Canetto Stories
People adopt self-destructive behaviors expected within cultures Women and girls in the United States consider and engage in suicidal behavior more often than men and boys, but die of suicide at lower rate "“ a gender paradox enabled by U.S. cultural norms of gender and suicidal behavior, according to a psychologist who spoke Thursday at the 118th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association. "Everywhere, suicidal behavior is culturally scripted," said Silvia S. Canetto,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.