Latest Sirt Stories
By Opheera McDoom SIRTE, Libya (Reuters) - African forces deployed to preventfurther fighting in Sudan's Darfur region are underfunded, thehead of African Union (AU) peacekeeping said on Monday. The AU wants its 3,000-strong mission monitoring thethree-year-old conflict to expand to more than 7,000 withheavier weapons by October and take a more pro-active role toprotect civilians. "In terms of logistical support the commitments are veryencouraging, but we have had not had enough...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.