Latest Skeptical Science Stories
In response to multiple inquiries from media and global warming advocates, Friends of Science issue this release to expose the statistical manipulation evident from the break down of the Cook et al paper. Friends of Science decry the linking of this flawed study with alleged danger from man-made carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) as there has been no global warming in 16 years despite a rise in CO2 levels; Friends of Science say the sun and oceanic oscillations are the main drivers of climate...
redOrbit staff & Wire Reports — Your Universe Online An analysis of thousands of peer-reviewed studies published over more than two decades reveals a growing consensus that climate change is caused by human activity. The survey, published Thursday in the journal Environmental Research Letters, contradicts the idea that scientists are deeply divided on the topic, the authors said. "An accurate perception of the degree of scientific consensus is an essential element to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.