Latest Skin Factory Stories
Scientists at a secret German laboratory have grown human skin from baby foreskins. The process takes cells from foreskins donated to the project, known as the Skin Factory at the Fraunhofer Institute in Stuttgart, Germany, and grows swatches of skin for use in testing cosmetics and other consumer products. Project spokesman Andreas Traube said that its creators claim that one day their process could replace all animal testing. Scientists extract a single layer of cells from each...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.