Latest Skykomish River Stories
By Linda V. Mapes, Seattle Times Aug. 3--Come and get it: Washington's newest wilderness area, Wild Sky, is as pretty as it gets -- and has something to offer just about everybody. Not only that, but Wild Sky offers solitude, deep quiet and spectacular scenery, with none of the hassles of crowds, permits and reservations. Or even a fee. Hard to believe it, but it's true: Take your dog? Sure. And leashes are optional. Horses or other pack animals? You bet, on some trails. Hunt?...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.