Latest Small shelly fauna Stories
Paleontologists have discovered the oldest organism with a skeleton in Australia. The creature is called Coronacollina acula and is estimated to be between 550 and 560 million years old. Paleontologists estimate this animal is from the Ediacaran Period, before the diversification of organisms in the Cambrian Period. The study results appeared online February 14 in Geology. This important find could be the key to unlocking several questions about early life, evolution, and extinction....
By Dong, Lin Xiao, Shuhai; Shen, Bing; Zhou, Chuanming Abstract: Horodyskia is one of the earliest known macroscopic life forms, with a fossil record dating from c. 1.4 Ga. Palaeopascichnus represents a key Ediacaran element with world-wide distribution. However, their body constructions and affinities are poorly understood, partly because previously described species are mostly preserved as casts and moulds in siliciclastic rocks. Silicified specimens from the upper Ediacaran Liuchapo...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.