Latest Smuggling Stories
Blood diamonds may get the most attention. But they are not the only minerals sold on the world market to finance wars and other conflicts in sub-Saharan Africa, according to an article in the current issue of Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN), the weekly newsmagazine of the American Chemical Society, the world's largest scientific society. The story, by C&EN Senior Editor Celia Henry Arnaud, focuses on minerals being mined in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and...
Businesses gradually obtain ownership of anti-trafficking initiatives within their sphere of influence and are applying self-regulatory standards as part of their corporate social responsibility. New York, NY (PRWEB) March 23, 2012 Top corporations gave the fight to eradicating human trafficking a boost on Friday. During a luncheon co-organized by End Human Trafficking Now (EHTN) and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the “new champions” agreed that combating...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.