Society Islands Reference Libraries
The Spotted garden-eel, Heteroconger hassi, is a conger of the family Congridae, found in Indo-Pacific oceans from the Red Sea and East Africa to the Society Islands, north to the Ryukyu and Ogasawara islands, south to northwestern Australia and New Caledonia, and throughout Micronesia, at depths of between 22.97 and 147.64 ft (7 and 45 m). Length is up to 15.75 in (40 cm), and the body...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.