Sodium compounds Reference Libraries
The term Chlorite can refer to the following meanings: - The chlorite group of clay minerals. - A Chlorite ion is a polyatomic anion consisting of an atom of chlorine and two oxygen atoms. Its chemical formula is ClO2-. The oxidation state of the chlorine atom within the chlorite ion is +3. How does the chlorite anion fit within the overall scheme of chlorine based anions? In general,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.