Quantcast

Latest Soft tissue sarcoma Stories

2014-10-20 08:30:08

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CytRx Corporation (CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, today announced that a paper, titled "A Phase 1b/2 Study of Aldoxorubicin in Patients With Soft Tissue Sarcoma," has been published online in Cancer, the prestigious, peer-reviewed journal of the American Cancer Society. The paper discusses results from CytRx's completed Phase 1b/2 clinical trial where 25 patients were enrolled, including...

2014-10-17 08:25:10

Trial Has Not Yet Reached Necessary Number of Survival Events to Report on Overall Survival Due to Longer than Expected Survival of Study Patients LOS ANGELES, Oct. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CytRx Corporation (NASDAQ: CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, announced that data regarding the Company's Phase 2b global clinical trial of aldoxorubicin for the treatment of first-line soft tissue sarcoma (STS) will be presented in a moderated...

2014-10-16 08:30:19

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CytRx Corporation (NASDAQ: CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Steven A. Kriegsman, President, Chief Executive Officer and a Director of the Company, as Chairman of the Board, effective October 15, 2014. He replaces Max E. Link, Ph.D. whose unexpected passing was announced on October 7, 2014. "I am honored to assume the additional...

2014-10-07 16:27:01

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CytRx Corporation (NASDAQ: CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, today announced Max E. Link, Ph.D., Chairman of the Board of Directors, passed away unexpectedly at the age of 74. "We are deeply saddened by the loss of our dear friend and colleague, and our thoughts are with his family during this difficult time," said Steven A. Kriegsman, CytRx President and Chief Executive Officer. "Max was a...

2014-09-22 08:27:32

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CytRx Corporation (Nasdaq: CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, today announced that study designs and progress from two of the Company's key clinical trials of aldoxorubicin, a pivotal global Phase 3 clinical trial in relapsed/refractory soft tissue sarcomas (STS) and a global Phase 2b clinical trial in small cell lung cancer, will be presented at the European Society for Medical Oncology...

2014-09-19 08:25:30

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CytRx Corporation (Nasdaq: CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, today announced that David J. Haen, Vice President, Business Development, will present at BioCentury's 2014 NewsMakers in the Biotech Industry Conference on Friday, September 26(th) at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The conference will take place at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in New York City. A live and archived webcast of the...

2014-08-01 23:04:51

Dr. Sant Chawla of the Sarcoma Oncology Center in Santa Monica, California spoke recently about the significance of Sarcoma Awareness Month. Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) August 01, 2014 Did you know that July was Sarcoma Awareness Month? The goal of Sarcoma Awareness Month is to raise awareness across the country and to educate people on the symptoms of, and treatment options for, sarcoma. According to the American Cancer Society, nearly 5,000 Americans are expected to die of the disease in...

2013-07-09 16:01:45

Orthopedic oncologists and surgical oncologists, who have been trained in the complex procedures required to remove sarcomas located deep in the muscles and other soft tissues of the limbs, conducted only 52 percent of these operations at 85 academic medical centers during a three year period, according to an analysis of national data by UC Davis researchers that is published online today in the Journal of Surgical Oncology. The remaining 48 percent of these sarcoma surgeries were...

2013-05-27 23:05:03

The national nonprofit has just published an article on veterans who have gotten a rare cancer called soft-tissue sarcoma because of exposure to Agent Orange. Anchorage, AK (PRWEB) May 27, 2013 Sarcoma Alliance board member Warren Bailey survived the Vietnam War, but he may not survive the cancer caused by his service. Like thousands of U.S. soldiers and millions of Vietnamese citizens, he was exposed to Agent Orange, said Bailey, who enlisted in the Army in 1963 and served in Vietnam...


Word of the Day
abrosia
  • Wasting away as a result of abstinence from food.
The word 'abrosia' comes from a Greek roots meaning 'not' and 'eating'.