Latest SoftBank Mobile Stories
TOKYO -- When Hong Kong lawyer Maureen Chow was expecting her first baby she bought her 84-year-old grandmother, who was in confinement, a high-speed advanced mobile phone so she could see her great-granddaughter via video phone. "Before I had the baby, she used it every day. After I had the baby, she knew my schedule would become tighter, so she called once in a couple days," Chow, 32, recalls. "She just pressed my number and then pressed a special button. It was just like calling a voice...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.