Latest Solway Plain Stories
British archaeologists used thousands of aerial photos to reveal more than 2,700 unrecorded historic features of Hadrian's Wall in northern England. Among the new features identified by experts from the English Heritage were medieval sheep farms, ancient burial mounds and 19th Century lead mines. The scientists used more than 30,500 pictures taken during the past 60 years as part of an English Heritage initiative to map and interpret England's archaeological sites. The project began in 2002,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.