Somali language Reference Libraries
The Somali Wild Ass (Equus asinus somalicus), is a subspecies of the African Wild Ass. It is found in the Southern Red Sea region of Eritrea, the Afar Region of Ethiopia, and Somalia. The legs of the Somali Wild Ass are horizontally striped with black, resembling those of a zebra. Photo Credit: Robert Lawton
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.