Latest South Atlantic Fishery Management Council Stories
By JIM SUTTON Reasonably intelligent people have been trying to follow the saga of the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council's quest to protect offshore bottom-fish species for quite a while - with little or no luck. It's like a regulatory chameleon, changing colors against backdrops of "new" scientific data. But it's always looking to swallow the recreational bottom-fishing fly as it crawls forward. The SAFMC met in Orlando in June to OK sweeping changes to their rules. The whole...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.