Southern Boubou Reference Libraries
The Common Fiscal (Lanius collaris) also known as the Fiscal Shrike, or "Jacky Hanger", is a member of the shrike family found through most of Sub-Saharan Africa. It has a wide range of habitats from grassland to acacia or woodland. It avoids very dense areas where it is impaired by hunting. This is a unique 8.25 to 9 inch passerine with white underparts and black upperparts that extend from...
The Brubru (Nilau afers), is a member of the bushshrike family found in much of sub-Saharan Africa apart from the western rainforests and southern South Africa. It is the only member of the genus Nilaus. Its habitat is dry open woodland, but varies geographically. There are six northern subspecies of Brubru. One subspecies is found in acacia and broadleaved woodland of South Africa. Three...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.