Southern River Otter Reference Libraries
The southern river otter (Lontra provocax) is a mammal that can be found in Argentina and Chile. Despite its name, it can be found in both freshwater and marine habitats. It prefers a habitat in freshwater rivers or lakes with dense vegetation. Important factors for this species preferred habitats include the presence of mature tree root systems, coastline, and fallen trees. This otter is...
The Neotropical River Otter (Lontra longicaudis), is a species of otter found in Central America, South America and the island of Trinidad. It is found in many different riverine habitats, including deciduous and evergreen forests, savannas, llanos and pantanal. It is possible that this species prefers to live in clear, fast-flowing rivers and streams, and is probably rare in sluggish,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.