Latest Southwestern New Mexico Stories
The Gila National Forest is a protected national forest in New Mexico in the southwestern United States established in 1905. It covers about 2,710,659 acres of public land, making it the 6th largest National Forest in the continental U.S. The forest also manages the part of Apache National Forest that lies in New Mexico which totals an additional 614,202 acres for a total of 3.3 million acres managed by the Gila National Forest. A portion of the area, the Gila Wilderness and the Blue Range...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.