Latest Space shuttle in popular culture Stories
By Michael Christie CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (Reuters) - NASA returns to human space flight on Wednesday with its first space shuttle mission since Columbia disintegrated 2 1/2 years ago, killing seven astronauts and spilling debris over Texas. When Discovery blasts off from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a plume of fire at 3:51 p.m. (1951 GMT), it will kick-start the stalled construction of the International Space Station and also mark, U.S. space officials say, the first step on the road back...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
More Images (49 images) »