Latest Space Weather Prediction Model Improves NOAA Stories
[ Watch the Video ] NOAA is now using a sophisticated forecast model that substantially improves predictions of space weather impacts on Earth. Better forecasts offer additional protection for people and the technology-based infrastructure we use daily. Explosions in the sun´s outer atmosphere — tracked and forecast by NOAA scientists — can cause geomagnetic and solar radiation storms at Earth that can impede the operation of electrical power grids, interfere with the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.