Spengler's freshwater mussel Reference Libraries
The Freshwater Pearl Mussel (Margaritifera margaritifera), is an endangered species of freshwater mussel. They are used in the production of freshwater pearls. There are three subspecies. Margaritifera margaritifera margaritifera, Margaritifera margaritifera parvula, and Margaritifera margaritifera durrovensis. M. m. durrovensis is a critically endangered species in Ireland. Photo...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.