Latest Sport fish Stories
LOS ANGELES, March 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In its first-ever national out-of-home campaign, the Tuna Council (http://tunathewonderfish.com/), a division of the National Fisheries Institute, has turned to the Health Club Media Network (HCMN) (www.hcmn.com), part of Outcast Media, to promote "TunatheWonderfish." The one-month comprehensive campaign, beginning March 2, is being funded in large part by the three major U.S.
Conservation and fishing groups are calling on the federal government to improve outdated laws and prevent the next invasion WASHINGTON, Feb.
In the news release, Consumer Reports: New Tests Reinforce Concerns About Mercury In Tuna, issued 07-Dec-2010 by Consumer Reports over PR Newswire, we are advised by the organization that the 3rd paragraph needed to be revised to clarify Consumer Reports' recommendations for how much tuna a child should eat.
YONKERS, N.Y., Dec. 7, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumer Reports' latest tests of 42 samples from cans and pouches of tuna bought primarily in the New York metropolitan area and online confirm that white (albacore) tuna usually contains far more mercury than light tuna.
Decision denies requests to cutoff interstate commerce SPRINGFIELD, Ill., Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, Judge Robert M. Dow of the U.S. District Court in Chicago ruled that the Chicago locks will remain open in the case filed against the U.S.
NEW YORK, November 3, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Board of Directors of Umami Sustainable Seafood Inc.
China leads the world in tonnage of fish caught annually as well as the amount of fish consumed, according to new findings reported in National Geographic magazine.
NEW YORK, Sept. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Umami Sustainable Seafood Inc.
Wasteful fishing gear catches and kills thousands of endangered, protected marine animals WASHINGTON, Aug.
NEW YORK, July 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lions Gate Lighting Corp. ("Lions Gate" or the "Company") (OTC Bulletin Board: LNLT) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire 33% of Baja Aquafarms ("Baja") along with an option agreement to acquire the remaining 67% (the "Agreements") .
The Zander is found in the fresh and brackish (salt and fresh water mix) waters of Europe and Asia. This fish is closely related to the perch but often mistaken for pike therefore they have been given the label of pike-perch. It was introduced to the British waterways in the 20th century and spread rapidly. It can be harmful to other wildlife making it a predatory fish. The Zander fish is a popular game fish and is consumed frequently. It can reach 44 pounds with an average length of 16-32...
The Bluefish (Pomatomus saltatrix) is the only living species of the family Pomatomidae. It is a marine pelagic fish that can be found around the world in temperate and subtropical waters, except for the northern Pacific Ocean. Bluefish are known as tailor in Australia, shad on the east coast of South Africa, and elf on the west coast. Other common names regarding this fish are blue, chopper, and anchoa. It is a good eating and game fish. The bluefish is moderately proportioned with a...
Image Caption: A Japanese rosy bitterling, taken in Japan, 2006. Credit: Book 74/Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 3.0, 2.5, 2.0 and 1.0) The rosy bitterling is a fresh water fish native to Japan consisting of two distinct species, the R. o. kurumeus and the subspecies R. o. ocellatus. The R. o. kurumeus species of this fish is found only in Japan, whereas the R. o. ocellatus species is also found in China and Taiwan. Both species inhabit small ponds, reservoirs, and creeks. The original species of...
Image Caption: Juvenile silver carp. Credit: Mirko Barthel/Wikipedia (CC BY-SA 3.0) The silver carp is a freshwater fish native to north and northeast Asia. It has been introduced or spread into at least 88 other countries around the world for reasons of aquaculture. It was imported into North America in the 1970’s to control algae growth at wastewater treatment facilities, soon after, the silver carp escaped into the wild and spread rapidly. By 2009 the population was abundant from the...
The yellowfin tuna is found in deep off-shore water distributed worldwide in both tropical and subtropical oceans, ranging to depths of 330 ft. The yellowfin can dive to 3,500 feet or more, but generally school in depths 246 feet or less. Although the yellow fin is a deep water fish it will occasionally come to shallower water to feed when water conditions are suitable and food is abundant. Being one of the larger species of tuna the yellowfin can weigh over 400 lbs. and reach a length of...
- Large; stout; burly.