Latest Squatters Stories
Previously-announced event celebrating Seeger will still take place on Feb 22, musical acts to be determined TULSA, Okla., Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Tulsa-based Woody Guthrie Center and the L.A.-based GRAMMY Museum will move forward with their plans to celebrate the late American folk singer Pete Seeger with the first ever Woody Guthrie Prize during an event Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Peter Norton Symphony Space in New York City. The event and award presentation will serve as...
Annual award recognizes artists who embody the spirit of Woody Guthrie TULSA, Okla., Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- An award that honors those who embody the spirit of legendary folk singer/songwriter Woody Guthrie will be presented to American folk singer Pete Seeger during an inaugural event Saturday, Feb. 22 at the Peter Norton Symphony Space in New York City. The Woody Guthrie Prize will be given annually to the artist who best exemplifies the spirit and life's work of Woody...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.