Latest St. Marys River Stories
By Dan Egan, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Jun. 18--U.S. and Canadian officials will be in Wisconsin this week for two public hearings on the persistently low Lake Michigan water levels. The International Joint Commission, a binational group created to help the two countries manage their shared waters, is in the middle of a five-year study of how to better manage the waters in Lakes Superior, Michigan and Huron. The three big lakes have been at or near their historical lows in the past...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.