Staffordshire Bull Terrier Reference Libraries
The Border Terrier is a small, narrow-bodied dog belonging to the terrier group. The breed was originally bred to hunt fox and other vermin. The Border Terrier takes its name from the area near the Scottish-English border, where the breed originated. The Border Terrier is very well proportioned; it stands from 11 to 16 inches tall and weighs 11 to 16 pounds. It is most often identified by...
The American Staffordshire Terrier is very closely related to the American Pit Bull Terrier and is one of the breeds frequently referred to as a Pit Bull. The American Staffordshire Terrier is a medium sized dog that typically stands 16 to 19 inches tall and weighs from 57 to 67 pounds. The breed is squarely built and appears strong and graceful. The American Staffordshire Terrier should be...
The American Pit Bull Terrier is one of several breeds loosely classified as Pit Bulls. The APBT is a terrier bred for their loyalty, athleticism and agility. The American Pit Bull Terrier is the midsized breed of the three that are generally called Pit Bulls, although the term has been deemed slang. The other two breeds are the American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.