Latest StarChase Stories
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Police departments in Florida and Iowa are testing a new way of eliminating high speed chases that involves firing a GPS unit from an air cannon towards an escaping vehicle. Much like the tee shirt cannons used at sporting events, the police version of this air-powered unit is installed in the grille of the patrol car. Once powered up, a trained officer can fire a GPS unit with a sticky back towards a speeding car. The hope is that...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.