Latest StatoilHydro operations by country Stories

2009-02-24 07:32:00

BRISTOL, England, February 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Computershare Governance Services (CGS), part of the Computershare group of companies (ASX:CPU) has won a prestigious contract to supply Norwegian company StatoilHydro with its Global Entity Management System (GEMS). Created in 2007 from the merger of Statoil and Hydro's oil and gas activities, the company has approximately 29,500 employees in 40 countries, and is the operator for 39 producing oil and gas fields. CGS won the...

2008-11-11 09:00:39

StatoilHydro and Chesapeake Energy have signed a strategic agreement to jointly explore unconventional gas opportunities worldwide.

2008-11-11 03:00:31

Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) today announced the execution of an agreement for a joint venture with StatoilHydro (NYSE:STO, OSE:STL) whereby StatoilHydro will acquire a 32.5% interest in Chesapeake's Marcellus Shale assets in Appalachia for $3.375 billion, leaving Chesapeake with a 67.5% working interest.

2008-11-11 03:00:30

StatoilHydro (NYSE: STO, OSE: STL), the second largest natural gas supplier to Europe and Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK), the largest US natural gas producer, today announced the signature of a strategic agreement to jointly explore unconventional gas opportunities worldwide.

2008-11-04 12:00:21

Norwegian energy group StatoilHydro has announced that during the gas year 2007, which ended September 30, 2008, it has sold approximately 80 billion cubic meters of gas compared to the gas year 2006 when it sold 76 billion cubic meters, a 5% increase in sales.

2008-10-23 06:00:23

Norwegian integrated energy major StatoilHydro has assigned the management of its technology corporate venture activities to a special purpose company, Energy Capital Management. The new management company will be led by Arne Froiland, former vice president of StatoilHydro Corporate Venture.

2008-10-17 09:00:23

StatoilHydro has concluded the drilling of exploration well 6707/10-2S in the Norwegian Sea. The well was drilled in production license PL218, which is located southeast of the Luva gas find and 280km west of Sandnessjoen in Norway. StatoilHydro is the operator of the license.

2008-09-10 03:00:20

Norwegian oil and gas company StatoilHydro has said that its Gjoa platform in the North Sea will receive electricity from the mainland, and will be the first floating platform to ever do so. This is expected to reduce 250,000 tons of CO2 emissions per year.

2008-08-29 09:00:56

Norwegian oil and gas company StatoilHydro has reported that it tested dry gas in the Tinerkouk-2 well in the Hassi Mouina license area in Algeria. The appraisal well was spudded in June 2008 and the hydrocarbons were encountered in formations of lower carboniferous age.

2008-08-25 09:01:39

StatoilHydro, an integrated oil and gas company, has made two new discoveries on the Norwegian continental shelf.

Word of the Day
  • A handkerchief.
  • Specifically— The legendary sweat-cloth; the handkerchief of St. Veronica, according to tradition miraculously impressed with the mask of Christ; also, the napkin about Christ's head (Johu xx. 7).
  • In general, any miraculous portrait of Christ.
The word 'sudarium' comes from a Latin word meaning 'a handkerchief'.