Latest Steller Sea Lion Stories
The Steller sea lion (Eumetopias jubatus) is a species that can be found in the northern Pacific. It is also known as Steller's sea lion or the northern sea lion and is the only member of its genus, Eumetopias. Its range stretches from Gulf of Alaska to the Sea of Okhotsk and the Kuril Islands in Russia. Its southern range includes Año Nuevo Island near California. Although it once bred as far south as the Channel Islands, it has not been seen there since the 1980’s. Traditionally,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.