Latest Stellwagen Alive Stories
More than 10,000 Pounds of Marine Debris Collected in Effort to Protect the Right Whales' Habitat SANDWICH, Mass., May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Stellwagen Alive announced today a record 10,000 pounds of marine debris has been netted to protect more than 70 endangered Right whales that use the waters between Cape Cod Bay and Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary as their spring feeding area. As part of a two-year initiative to locate and remove marine debris harmful to the Stellwagen Bank...
By Richard Gaines, Gloucester Daily Times, Mass. Jun. 25--Last of 3 parts A charter officer of the nonprofit corporation created to support a more aggressive approach to federal management of the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary has resigned in the face of what she describes as a bias against commercial fishing. "I felt like the group had an attitude that was anti-fishing," Dale Brown told the Times yesterday Brown said she resigned a month ago from Stellwagen Alive:...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.