Latest Stephen B. Manuck Stories
By Charnicia Huggins NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Why are some men confrontational or break objects in fits of anger, while others appear to be more in control under similar circumstances? New study findings suggest the answer may involve genetic differences in combination with the men's early environment. A variation in a gene involved in the activity of the brain chemical serotonin, which is known to play an important role in regulating emotions and impulses, may cause some men to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.