Latest Stephen Harper Stories
TORONTO, Jan. 17, 2014 /CNW/ - With Barack Obama due to announce reforms to the National Security Agency (NSA) today, PEN Canada calls on Prime Minister Stephen Harper to break his ongoing silence on the topic of online surveillance conducted by the Canadian government. "Thanks to the release of information by Edward Snowden, we now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the American government has been spying on its own citizens and those of many other countries, including those...
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is facing increasing pressure from his country´s scientific community over what the protesters describe as anti-scientific and anti-environmental government policies. As part of the growing protest movement, Canadian scientists plan to march through the capital city of Ottawa to voice their opposition to what they call a "Death of evidence" being brought about by federal cuts to programs that...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.