Latest Steve Helms Stories
By Ray Scherer CAMERON, Mo. -- Brain tumor patient Steve Helms wants to know the root cause of his continual tiredness and life-threatening condition. A team of federal and state government employees descended on Cameron Monday in a bid to ascertain an answer for Mr. Helms and others in the area -- both victims of tumors and their family members. "They haven't really answered anything yet," Mr. Helms said between chores on his 40-acre farm just north of the city. "I'm losing all the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.