Latest Stewart Sharpless Stories
NASA unveiled a photo taken by its Hubble Space Telescope just in time for holiday festivities that resembles a snow angel. The "angel" is actually a bipolar star-forming region called Sharpless 2-106, and its wings shape is derived from the nebula. Despite the beauty of this celestial image, there is nothing peaceful about this star forming region. The young star that lies in it is ferocious, spitting out super-hot gas at 18,032 degrees Fahrenheit. "A ring of dust and gas...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.