Latest stop smoking services Stories
Services have been successful, but local variation in performance requires attention Stop smoking services across England have had an increasing impact in helping smokers to quit in their first 10 years of operation and have successfully reached disadvantaged groups, finds a study published on bmj.com today. However, performance across local services has varied considerably and requires attention, say the authors. In 1998, the UK government established a network of stop smoking...
Where you live, how old you are and whether you're male or female all affect your chances of giving up smoking. These are the findings of a study which suggests that while NHS stop smoking services are effective in supporting some smokers to quit there are significant differences in the longer term success rates for specific groups who are trying to give up smoking. The study, commissioned by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and undertaken by the UK Centre for...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.