Latest Sukiyaki Western Django Stories
By Bob Strauss Spaghetti Westerns and samurai films have shared sensibilities since Sergio Leone remade Akira Kurosawa's "Yojimbo" as "A Fistful of Dollars." But the two genres have never been mashed up quite as crazily as Takashi Miike has done it in "Sukiyaki Western Django." It's got gunfighters and horses and cowboy hats, but it's definitely set in Japan. (When, exactly, is purposely unclear, but there is a Gatling gun). Though it is specifically inspired by the Django series, fans of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.