Latest Sumburgh Head Stories
By DAVID ROSS HIGHLAND CORRESPONDENT LIKE the canary in the coalmine, our seabirds' welfare indicates the health of our marine environment and it has already sounded the alarm, according to RSPB Scotland. Yesterday it urged the Scottish Government to put the environment at the heart of its consultation on Scotland's first marine bill, published on Monday. According to the charity, early reports of seabird breeding performance on its coastal reserves indicate continuing problems for the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.