Latest Supercritical airfoil Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online On Saturday, October 6, the National Aviation Hall of Fame in Dayton, Ohio, inducted a new class of "enshrinees." Among them was Richard T. Whitcomb, a NASA aeronautics engineer whose contributions made supersonic flight practical. Located at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the National Aviation Hall of Fame is dedicated to honoring those who have made unique contributions to America's rich legacy of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.