Latest Supercritical airfoil Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online On Saturday, October 6, the National Aviation Hall of Fame in Dayton, Ohio, inducted a new class of "enshrinees." Among them was Richard T. Whitcomb, a NASA aeronautics engineer whose contributions made supersonic flight practical. Located at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the National Aviation Hall of Fame is dedicated to honoring those who have made unique contributions to America's rich legacy of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.