Latest Surgeons Stories
The Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) has granted $300,000 to three exceptional up and coming researchers through its Young Investigator Awards program. Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) May 11, 2013 Just as National Cancer Research month begins, the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) has announced the recipients of its Young Investigator Awards. BCAN´s Scientific Review Group, chaired by Matt Milowsky, MD at the University of North Carolina´s Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center,...
Julia Spencer Barthold, MD, Associate Chief, Division of Urology; Director, Pediatric Urology Fellowship Program; and Head, Urology Research Laboratory, Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children/Nemours Biomedical Research, is a 2013 recipient of the Urology Care Foundation John W. Duckett Pediatric Urology Research Excellence Award. Wilmington, DE (PRWEB) May 06, 2013 Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is pleased to announce that Julia Spencer Barthold, MD, Associate Chief,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.