Latest Susan S. Huang Stories
Findings from the first in-depth study of patient sharing show that hospitals share large numbers of patients with other acute care facilities without knowing it. In the new study released today at the annual meeting of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), researchers found that only one in nine shared patients is directly transferred from one hospital to another, whereas most patients were discharged before being readmitted to another hospital. This high...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.