Latest Svenska Dagbladet Stories
Swedish stockpiles of Cold War-era canned meat sold for use in Poland's restaurants are in various stages of rancid decay, experts say. The meat, which Sweden phased out by the end of the 1990s, was sold by the Swedish Board of Agriculture to a Swedish trading company on the condition it not be sold for food inside the European Union, The Local reported Friday. However, investigators told the newspaper Svenska Dagbladet the meat, some as old as 27 years, was sold in Poland for use in...
A fungicide used to prevent mold may be the cause of several thousand cases of aggravated eczema in northern Europe, Swedish researchers say. Researchers at Malmo University Hospital said the substance, which contains the chemical dimethyl fumarate, has been linked to furniture manufactured by the Chinese company Linkwise, the newspaper Sydsvenska Dagbladet reported Wednesday. The English-language Local newspaper said the Swedish Chemicals Agency (Kemikalieinspektionen) is in the process...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.