Latest Sylvatic Stories
Dengue virus circulating between monkeys and mosquitoes could emerge to cause human outbreaks More than a thousand years ago, somewhere in Southeast Asia, a fateful meeting occurred between a mosquito-borne virus that infected mainly monkeys and a large, susceptible group of humans. The result: the world's first outbreak of dengue fever. Today, dengue virus "” which can produce high fever, excruciating joint pain and even death "” has spread throughout tropical Asia, Africa and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.