Symmetry in biology Reference Libraries
Luidia sarsi is a species of starfish that is classified within the Luidiidae family. It can be found in a range that extends from the Mediterranean Sea to Norway and prefers a habitat in muddy or sandy areas. Adult individuals display pentaradial symmetry or pentamerism with five long arms that are bordered by bands of white spines that occur in groups of three. These arms reach a length of...
Bathocyroe fosteri is a species of lobate ctenophore found in all oceans around the world. It is typically found at intermediate depths and is very abundant near the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. This deep-sea comb jelly is named for Alvin (DSV-2) pilot Dudley Foster, who is credited with first collecting the specimens. This specimen measures about two inches tall and is bioluminescent. This species,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.