Latest Systemic lupus erythematosus Stories
A new clinical study published in BioMedCentral's open access journal Arthritis Research and Therapy provides preliminary evidence that vitamin D supplementation could be considered an immunomodulatory agent for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), a debilitating autoimmune disease characterized not only by skin, joint, neurological and renal symptoms, but also by inflammation of tissue linings in the body. SLE is a T- and B-cell-dependent disease that causes an appearance of...
LocalEdge to assist in raising critically needed funds and awareness of Lupus this month by sponsoring the 2012 Walk Now for Lupus Fayetteville, NC (PRWEB) September 15, 2012 On Saturday September 22, 2012, LocalEdge will support the local Piedmont Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. by serving as a Silver Sponsor of this year´s Walk for Lupus Now. The event is scheduled to take place at Festival Park on 335 Ray Avenue in Fayetteville. Registration begins at 3:30 and the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.