Latest Takeshi Nishimura Stories
John Neumann for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online If you are not a fan of opera music, you may have already assumed the similarities of a classic music form and the shrieks of helium-huffing monkeys. Researchers in Japan however, have released a study detailing similarities between such primates, gibbons in particular, and professional soprano singers. A gibbon´s song is acoustically unique among primates, with a melody which can be heard over two miles away. Wild gibbons use...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.