Latest Tamara Cooper Stories
LONDON - Sahara the Arctic seal keeps turning up in warmer waters. The young seal was rescued off the coast of North Africa last year, far from his native habitat in the Arctic. He was brought to Britain, nursed back to health and freed into the wild "” only to paddle in the wrong direction again. Animal rights activists now hope to give Sahara one more chance to avoid life in captivity. "We're disappointed that he headed south and not back up north," said Tamara Cooper, an animal care...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.