Latest Tashi Tenzing Stories
A Nepalese Sherpa said on Tuesday, after breaking his own record by making a 20th ascent of Mount Everest, that the world's highest peak is getting more dangerous to climb because of climate change. Apa Sherpa said he was disturbed by the visible changes on the mountain caused by rising temperature. "The snow along the slopes had melted, exposing the bare rocks underneath, which made it very difficult for us to walk up the slope as there was no snow to dig our crampons into," he told...
KATMANDU, Nepal -- Two Nepalese climbers were on top of the world this week - not only because they reached the top of Mount Everest but because they got married there in what was believed to be the first wedding on the summit. It was a brief ceremony with no procession, champagne or band - only piles of snow and a breathtaking panorama for bride Moni Mulepati, 24, and groom Pem Dorjee, 23, as they exchanged their vows at 29,035 feet on Monday. "We were there only for 10 minutes, just...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.