Latest Taskforce Stories
A UK hospital that combined its bereavement and donation services saw a forty-fold increase in tissue donations, such as corneas, in just five years, according to research in the August issue of Anesthesia."We decided to address the problem of low organ and tissue donation rates by amalgamating the two services and introducing a trigger to automatically refer all potential organ donors to the regional transplant donor co-ordinators" explains Bereavement and Donor Co-ordinator Fiona Murphy...
By Kate Foster PLANS to change Britain's organ donor laws were last night in doubt after it emerged Government experts are to rule out introducing presumed consent in the immediate future. Scotland on Sunday has learned that he Organ Donation Taskforce hope increases in the number of organ donation coordinators and better organisation of the current system will tackle the nation's transplant crisis. The Taskforce will report later this year, but sources have told this newspaper it is...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.