Latest Taylor Highway Stories
By Margaret Bauman, Alaska Journal of Commerce, Anchorage Jul. 27--A new federal/state visitor center in the planning stages for an area near Tok, just 91 miles from the Canadian border, has moved another step forward toward welcoming upward of 100,000 visitors annually. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials said July 11 that they recently purchased 8.3 acres of private land along the Alaska Highway, about a mile east of the junction of the Alaska and the Glenn highways. The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.