Latest Teilhardina magnoliana Stories
A scientist from the Carnegie Museum of Natural History has discovered remains of the earliest-known primate to live in North America. The discovery also provides an explanation of how these long-extinct primates were able to reach the continent.The primate, called Teilhardina magnoliana and part of the mammalian group that includes monkeys and apes, survived on berries and insects, and measured just three inches long weighing less than one ounce. After unearthing the primate, paleontologist...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.