Latest Tetanurae Stories
Scientists have uncovered a beaked dinosaur in China that is providing new clues into how birds' hands evolved to develop fingers.Writing in the journal Nature, scientist James Clark of George Washington University and Xu Xing of the Chinese Academy of Science's Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology in Beijing detailed the new discovery, which was found amidst 159-million-year-old deposits in the Junggar Basin of Xinjiang."This finding is truly exciting, as it changes...
By Lipkin, Christine Sereno, Paul C; Horner, John R INTRODUCTION OSSIFIED CLAVICLES, either as paired elements or as a median furcula, have been recorded in all major clades of dinosaurs, including ornithischians, sauropodomorphs, and theropods (Bryant and Russell, 1993). Nearly all but the most basal theropods, Eoraptor lunensis and Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis, have an ossified furcula including coelophysids (Downs, 2000; Tykoski et al., 2002; Carrano et al., 2005), allosauroids (Chure...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.