Latest Texas A&M Institute of Renewable Natural Resources Stories
Researchers from the Texas A&M Institute of Renewable Natural Resources have discovered fresh remains of a freshwater mussel species thought to be extinct in Texas, according to a research associate with the institute. Dr. Charles Randklev said his research team found a single individual of false spike "Quadrula mitchelli" with tissue still in the shell "” which indicates that the individual was recently alive "” in the San Saba River in Central Texas. Mussel thought to be...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.